Apr 27, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks enjoyed some fantastic performances in their big series-clinching win against the St. Louis Blues on Sunday, but Duncan Keith might have had the best Game 6 of them all.
Not only did he put together a masterful offensive performance with a goal and three assists, he also provided his typically stout defensive support. Keith logged 6:26 shorthanded minutes on Sunday, making a big difference in helping the ‘Hawks kill all six St. Louis power-play opportunities.
Both teams’ head coaches certainly took notice.
From Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville’s perspective, it might have been the best game he’s seen Keith play in the six seasons he’s been with the organization.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock’s praise might be even more glowing, actually, as he threw the name Nicklas Lidstrom out there:
It’s more than reasonable to argue that this his Keith’s best season since he won the Norris Trophy. Blackhawks fans should be excited, too: the last time he played that well, Chicago won its first Stanley Cup in decades.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)