Apr 27, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks enjoyed some fantastic performances in their big series-clinching win against the St. Louis Blues on Sunday, but Duncan Keith might have had the best Game 6 of them all.
Not only did he put together a masterful offensive performance with a goal and three assists, he also provided his typically stout defensive support. Keith logged 6:26 shorthanded minutes on Sunday, making a big difference in helping the ‘Hawks kill all six St. Louis power-play opportunities.
Both teams’ head coaches certainly took notice.
From Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville’s perspective, it might have been the best game he’s seen Keith play in the six seasons he’s been with the organization.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock’s praise might be even more glowing, actually, as he threw the name Nicklas Lidstrom out there:
It’s more than reasonable to argue that this his Keith’s best season since he won the Norris Trophy. Blackhawks fans should be excited, too: the last time he played that well, Chicago won its first Stanley Cup in decades.
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)