Apr 27, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks enjoyed some fantastic performances in their big series-clinching win against the St. Louis Blues on Sunday, but Duncan Keith might have had the best Game 6 of them all.
Not only did he put together a masterful offensive performance with a goal and three assists, he also provided his typically stout defensive support. Keith logged 6:26 shorthanded minutes on Sunday, making a big difference in helping the ‘Hawks kill all six St. Louis power-play opportunities.
Both teams’ head coaches certainly took notice.
From Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville’s perspective, it might have been the best game he’s seen Keith play in the six seasons he’s been with the organization.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock’s praise might be even more glowing, actually, as he threw the name Nicklas Lidstrom out there:
It’s more than reasonable to argue that this his Keith’s best season since he won the Norris Trophy. Blackhawks fans should be excited, too: the last time he played that well, Chicago won its first Stanley Cup in decades.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (100)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)