Apr 27, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks enjoyed some fantastic performances in their big series-clinching win against the St. Louis Blues on Sunday, but Duncan Keith might have had the best Game 6 of them all.
Not only did he put together a masterful offensive performance with a goal and three assists, he also provided his typically stout defensive support. Keith logged 6:26 shorthanded minutes on Sunday, making a big difference in helping the ‘Hawks kill all six St. Louis power-play opportunities.
Both teams’ head coaches certainly took notice.
From Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville’s perspective, it might have been the best game he’s seen Keith play in the six seasons he’s been with the organization.
Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock’s praise might be even more glowing, actually, as he threw the name Nicklas Lidstrom out there:
It’s more than reasonable to argue that this his Keith’s best season since he won the Norris Trophy. Blackhawks fans should be excited, too: the last time he played that well, Chicago won its first Stanley Cup in decades.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)