Apr 27, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
A lot can change in the next period (and change), but so far, the narrative indicates that the home team has been dominant in the Anaheim Ducks – Dallas Stars first-round series. That disparity might be best shown in Frederik Andersen‘s last few starts.
Andersen stopped 34 out of 36 shots to give the Ducks a 3-2 series lead in Anaheim. That’s a nice performance, but it’s now sandwiched between two games in Dallas in which the rookie goaltender has been pulled.
It happened in Game 4 and now a little more than halfway through Game 6, as a second sensational Trevor Daley goal sent Andersen packing. It’s difficult to argue with Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau’s decision on Sunday, in particular, as he allowed four goals on just 12 shots.
Trevor Daley’s second goal ultimately was the last straw:
Andersen was able to maintain control of the Ducks’ goalie position after the last time he was pulled, but the question is: if this series goes to a Game 7, would it be Jonas Hiller or Andersen?
There’s plenty of time for the Ducks to make that a discussion for the second round instead of a decisive Game 7, but right now it feels like that could be a serious question.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)