Apr 27, 2014, 8:23 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks are attempting to knock the Dallas Stars out of the playoffs on Sunday, but they’re doing so without center Mathieu Perreault. He’s day-to-day with a lower-body injury, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
The 26-year-old has enjoyed a solid first season with the Ducks, scoring 43 points in 69 regular season games. He’s really made an impact in the postseason, however, scoring four points in the first five games of his series, including the game-winner in Game 5.
At this time of year, it’s anyone’s guess if Perreault would be good to go if the Ducks need to play a Game 7 or for the beginning of a second-round series if Anaheim manages to advance.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)