Apr 26, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings are facing elimination in today’s Game 5 and they’re changing things up a bit.
Forwards aren’t the only change as Jakub Kindl will take a seat in favor of rookie Xavier Ouellet. Kindl has been paired up with Brian Lashoff on Detroit’s third defensive pairing and they struggled mightily in Game 4. With the Wings facing elimination on the road in Boston, coach Mike Babcock has to try something to help out the blue line.
Detroit already has their hands full with Jimmy Howard taking a seat due to the flu and Jonas Gustavsson getting the start. Gustavsson played admirably in Game 4 in place of Howard but still took the loss on Jarome Iginla‘s overtime goal. Howard will back up Gustavsson in Game 5.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 39
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 65
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 71
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)