Apr 26, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings are facing elimination in today’s Game 5 and they’re changing things up a bit.
Forwards aren’t the only change as Jakub Kindl will take a seat in favor of rookie Xavier Ouellet. Kindl has been paired up with Brian Lashoff on Detroit’s third defensive pairing and they struggled mightily in Game 4. With the Wings facing elimination on the road in Boston, coach Mike Babcock has to try something to help out the blue line.
Detroit already has their hands full with Jimmy Howard taking a seat due to the flu and Jonas Gustavsson getting the start. Gustavsson played admirably in Game 4 in place of Howard but still took the loss on Jarome Iginla‘s overtime goal. Howard will back up Gustavsson in Game 5.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 9
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)