Apr 26, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings are facing elimination in today’s Game 5 and they’re changing things up a bit.
Forwards aren’t the only change as Jakub Kindl will take a seat in favor of rookie Xavier Ouellet. Kindl has been paired up with Brian Lashoff on Detroit’s third defensive pairing and they struggled mightily in Game 4. With the Wings facing elimination on the road in Boston, coach Mike Babcock has to try something to help out the blue line.
Detroit already has their hands full with Jimmy Howard taking a seat due to the flu and Jonas Gustavsson getting the start. Gustavsson played admirably in Game 4 in place of Howard but still took the loss on Jarome Iginla‘s overtime goal. Howard will back up Gustavsson in Game 5.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)