Apr 26, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings are facing elimination in today’s Game 5 and they’re changing things up a bit.
Forwards aren’t the only change as Jakub Kindl will take a seat in favor of rookie Xavier Ouellet. Kindl has been paired up with Brian Lashoff on Detroit’s third defensive pairing and they struggled mightily in Game 4. With the Wings facing elimination on the road in Boston, coach Mike Babcock has to try something to help out the blue line.
Detroit already has their hands full with Jimmy Howard taking a seat due to the flu and Jonas Gustavsson getting the start. Gustavsson played admirably in Game 4 in place of Howard but still took the loss on Jarome Iginla‘s overtime goal. Howard will back up Gustavsson in Game 5.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)