Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It could be elimination day for the Detroit Red Wings in Boston when they face the Bruins in Game 5.
The Bruins took a commanding 3-1 lead in the series with their overtime win in Game 4. The Red Wings are countering the Bruins with the return of Daniel Alfredsson to the lineup as well as swapping out Jakub Kindl for Xavier Ouellet.
The Bruins were in this position last year against the Toronto Maple Leafs being up 3-1 and back at home looking to close things out. As Milan Lucic said earlier, they’d like to avoid reliving last season’s fate.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)