Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
Claude Giroux guaranteed a victory over the Rangers in Game 4, and got it — but it didn’t come without a price.
The Flyers captain appeared to be shaken up at the end of the 2-1 win on this check from New York forward Mats Zuccarello with seven minutes remaining:
Giroux did return to play a pair of shifts to finish the game and, afterward, admitted he didn’t see the collision coming.
“To be honest, I didn’t see it,” Giroux said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Even when he hit me, I didn’t know where he was.”
Zuccarello said there was no malicious intent on the play.
“It’s a normal hit,” he explained. “[Giroux] jumps and I don’t think it’s a bad hit. I just went for his body.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)