Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
Claude Giroux guaranteed a victory over the Rangers in Game 4, and got it — but it didn’t come without a price.
The Flyers captain appeared to be shaken up at the end of the 2-1 win on this check from New York forward Mats Zuccarello with seven minutes remaining:
Giroux did return to play a pair of shifts to finish the game and, afterward, admitted he didn’t see the collision coming.
“To be honest, I didn’t see it,” Giroux said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Even when he hit me, I didn’t know where he was.”
Zuccarello said there was no malicious intent on the play.
“It’s a normal hit,” he explained. “[Giroux] jumps and I don’t think it’s a bad hit. I just went for his body.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)