Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
Claude Giroux guaranteed a victory over the Rangers in Game 4, and got it — but it didn’t come without a price.
The Flyers captain appeared to be shaken up at the end of the 2-1 win on this check from New York forward Mats Zuccarello with seven minutes remaining:
Giroux did return to play a pair of shifts to finish the game and, afterward, admitted he didn’t see the collision coming.
“To be honest, I didn’t see it,” Giroux said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Even when he hit me, I didn’t know where he was.”
Zuccarello said there was no malicious intent on the play.
“It’s a normal hit,” he explained. “[Giroux] jumps and I don’t think it’s a bad hit. I just went for his body.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)