Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
Claude Giroux guaranteed a victory over the Rangers in Game 4, and got it — but it didn’t come without a price.
The Flyers captain appeared to be shaken up at the end of the 2-1 win on this check from New York forward Mats Zuccarello with seven minutes remaining:
Giroux did return to play a pair of shifts to finish the game and, afterward, admitted he didn’t see the collision coming.
“To be honest, I didn’t see it,” Giroux said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Even when he hit me, I didn’t know where he was.”
Zuccarello said there was no malicious intent on the play.
“It’s a normal hit,” he explained. “[Giroux] jumps and I don’t think it’s a bad hit. I just went for his body.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)