Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
Claude Giroux guaranteed a victory over the Rangers in Game 4, and got it — but it didn’t come without a price.
The Flyers captain appeared to be shaken up at the end of the 2-1 win on this check from New York forward Mats Zuccarello with seven minutes remaining:
Giroux did return to play a pair of shifts to finish the game and, afterward, admitted he didn’t see the collision coming.
“To be honest, I didn’t see it,” Giroux said, per the Winnipeg Sun. “Even when he hit me, I didn’t know where he was.”
Zuccarello said there was no malicious intent on the play.
“It’s a normal hit,” he explained. “[Giroux] jumps and I don’t think it’s a bad hit. I just went for his body.”
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)