Apr 26, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
More than a few hockey fans delight in bragging about the toughness of the sport’s players, but what about the officials?
Usually, if an NHL official becomes known by name, it’s because he makes a call that incenses a fan base. Referee Steve Kozari has probably been in that spot before, but he gained some notoriety for barely missing a beat despite taking a puck to the face during Game 5 between the Detroit Red Wings and Boston Bruins:
Maybe just as impressive of a feat: he got a nice ovation from Bruins fans. Not bad.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21