Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
You don’t often see Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter making a mistake.
But his giveaway in the neutral zone led to the Colorado Avalanche opening the scoring just before the midway point of the second period on a beautiful deflection from Cody McLeod. The goal came with the Wild on a power play and knocking on the door for the first goal of this game.
This lead didn’t last too long. Matt Moulson scored his first of this post-season just 1:13 later to tie the game for Minnesota.
Here is the Moulson goal.
The Avalanche went into the second period with a 2-1 lead, as it looks to gain a 3-2 lead in the series.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)