Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
You don’t often see Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter making a mistake.
But his giveaway in the neutral zone led to the Colorado Avalanche opening the scoring just before the midway point of the second period on a beautiful deflection from Cody McLeod. The goal came with the Wild on a power play and knocking on the door for the first goal of this game.
This lead didn’t last too long. Matt Moulson scored his first of this post-season just 1:13 later to tie the game for Minnesota.
Here is the Moulson goal.
The Avalanche went into the second period with a 2-1 lead, as it looks to gain a 3-2 lead in the series.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)