Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
You don’t often see Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter making a mistake.
But his giveaway in the neutral zone led to the Colorado Avalanche opening the scoring just before the midway point of the second period on a beautiful deflection from Cody McLeod. The goal came with the Wild on a power play and knocking on the door for the first goal of this game.
This lead didn’t last too long. Matt Moulson scored his first of this post-season just 1:13 later to tie the game for Minnesota.
Here is the Moulson goal.
The Avalanche went into the second period with a 2-1 lead, as it looks to gain a 3-2 lead in the series.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5