Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
You don’t often see Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter making a mistake.
But his giveaway in the neutral zone led to the Colorado Avalanche opening the scoring just before the midway point of the second period on a beautiful deflection from Cody McLeod. The goal came with the Wild on a power play and knocking on the door for the first goal of this game.
This lead didn’t last too long. Matt Moulson scored his first of this post-season just 1:13 later to tie the game for Minnesota.
Here is the Moulson goal.
The Avalanche went into the second period with a 2-1 lead, as it looks to gain a 3-2 lead in the series.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)