Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
You don’t often see Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter making a mistake.
But his giveaway in the neutral zone led to the Colorado Avalanche opening the scoring just before the midway point of the second period on a beautiful deflection from Cody McLeod. The goal came with the Wild on a power play and knocking on the door for the first goal of this game.
This lead didn’t last too long. Matt Moulson scored his first of this post-season just 1:13 later to tie the game for Minnesota.
Here is the Moulson goal.
The Avalanche went into the second period with a 2-1 lead, as it looks to gain a 3-2 lead in the series.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31