Apr 26, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
The L.A. Kings, facing elimination again in Game 5 of this first-round series, built up a 3-0 lead over the Sharks in the second period of Saturday’s game, with Jeff Carter‘s goal 22 seconds into the middle frame ending Niemi’s night. He allowed three goals on 19 shots faced.
Making matters worse for the Sharks is the absence of defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who appeared to be injured when he took a jab to the back of the head from Kings’ forward Jarret Stoll in the first period.
Vlasic has yet to return to the game.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32