Apr 26, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings, facing elimination again in Game 5 of this first-round series, built up a 3-0 lead over the Sharks in the second period of Saturday’s game, with Jeff Carter‘s goal 22 seconds into the middle frame ending Niemi’s night. He allowed three goals on 19 shots faced.
And here comes Stalock, 22 seconds into second.—
Kevin Kurz (@KKurzCSN) April 27, 2014
Making matters worse for the Sharks is the absence of defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who appeared to be injured when he took a jab to the back of the head from Kings’ forward Jarret Stoll in the first period.
Vlasic has yet to return to the game.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 15
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 29
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)