Apr 26, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings, facing elimination again in Game 5 of this first-round series, built up a 3-0 lead over the Sharks in the second period of Saturday’s game, with Jeff Carter‘s goal 22 seconds into the middle frame ending Niemi’s night. He allowed three goals on 19 shots faced.
Making matters worse for the Sharks is the absence of defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic, who appeared to be injured when he took a jab to the back of the head from Kings’ forward Jarret Stoll in the first period.
Vlasic has yet to return to the game.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)