Apr 26, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The latest round of league discipline regarding spearing infractions involves a fine for Dallas Stars winger Ryan Garbutt‘s spear on Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry from Game 5 of their first-round series on Friday. He won’t be suspended for the exchange.
The CBA mandates the $1,474.36 fine. Garbutt received a five-minute major and game misconduct for spearing Perry.
Here’s video of that incident:
You may remember Perry from a spearing incident of his own in this series with Jamie Benn.
In other spearing news, Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards avoided supplemental disciple for spearing Logan Couture of the San Jose Sharks while Boston Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser on Apr. 18.
One might call this “The Summer of Spearing.”
Anyway, Stars head coach Lindy Ruff believes that it wasn’t that bad of an infraction and it seems as if the league agrees.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6