Apr 26, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The latest round of league discipline regarding spearing infractions involves a fine for Dallas Stars winger Ryan Garbutt‘s spear on Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry from Game 5 of their first-round series on Friday. He won’t be suspended for the exchange.
The CBA mandates the $1,474.36 fine. Garbutt received a five-minute major and game misconduct for spearing Perry.
Here’s video of that incident:
You may remember Perry from a spearing incident of his own in this series with Jamie Benn.
In other spearing news, Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards avoided supplemental disciple for spearing Logan Couture of the San Jose Sharks while Boston Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser on Apr. 18.
One might call this “The Summer of Spearing.”
Anyway, Stars head coach Lindy Ruff believes that it wasn’t that bad of an infraction and it seems as if the league agrees.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22