Apr 26, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The latest round of league discipline regarding spearing infractions involves a fine for Dallas Stars winger Ryan Garbutt‘s spear on Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry from Game 5 of their first-round series on Friday. He won’t be suspended for the exchange.
The CBA mandates the $1,474.36 fine. Garbutt received a five-minute major and game misconduct for spearing Perry.
Here’s video of that incident:
You may remember Perry from a spearing incident of his own in this series with Jamie Benn.
In other spearing news, Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards avoided supplemental disciple for spearing Logan Couture of the San Jose Sharks while Boston Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser on Apr. 18.
One might call this “The Summer of Spearing.”
Anyway, Stars head coach Lindy Ruff believes that it wasn’t that bad of an infraction and it seems as if the league agrees.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 7
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 8
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 54
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)