Apr 26, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The latest round of league discipline regarding spearing infractions involves a fine for Dallas Stars winger Ryan Garbutt‘s spear on Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry from Game 5 of their first-round series on Friday. He won’t be suspended for the exchange.
The CBA mandates the $1,474.36 fine. Garbutt received a five-minute major and game misconduct for spearing Perry.
Here’s video of that incident:
You may remember Perry from a spearing incident of his own in this series with Jamie Benn.
In other spearing news, Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards avoided supplemental disciple for spearing Logan Couture of the San Jose Sharks while Boston Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser on Apr. 18.
One might call this “The Summer of Spearing.”
Anyway, Stars head coach Lindy Ruff believes that it wasn’t that bad of an infraction and it seems as if the league agrees.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)