Apr 26, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
The latest round of league discipline regarding spearing infractions involves a fine for Dallas Stars winger Ryan Garbutt‘s spear on Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry from Game 5 of their first-round series on Friday. He won’t be suspended for the exchange.
The CBA mandates the $1,474.36 fine. Garbutt received a five-minute major and game misconduct for spearing Perry.
Here’s video of that incident:
You may remember Perry from a spearing incident of his own in this series with Jamie Benn.
In other spearing news, Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards avoided supplemental disciple for spearing Logan Couture of the San Jose Sharks while Boston Bruins power forward Milan Lucic was fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit’s Danny DeKeyser on Apr. 18.
One might call this “The Summer of Spearing.”
Anyway, Stars head coach Lindy Ruff believes that it wasn’t that bad of an infraction and it seems as if the league agrees.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12