Apr 26, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
According to reporters at Philly practice this morning, it looks like Hal Gill will take Grossmann’s place for Game 5. Gill was paired with Mark Streit, Grossmann’s usual spot, during practice and is rested and ready to join the fray if called upon.
If Gill plays, as Adam Kimelman of NHL.com shared, it’ll be his first playoff game since May 17, 2012 when he suited up for the Nashville Predators against the Phoenix Coyotes. Gill played in just six games this season.
As for why Gill gets the call, Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post shares Flyers coach Craig Berube’s logic for that decision is that he likes having a puck-moving defenseman with a stay-at-home guy. Gill fits the bill as the latter to the mobile Streit. For that reason, Erik Gustafsson would likely stay as the odd man out.
Game 5 between the Flyers and the New York Rangers is Sunday at noon ET on NBC from Madison Square Garden.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)