Apr 25, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings showed some resolve Thursday night, staving off elimination and a sweep in their first-round series against the rival San Jose Sharks.
Now comes another must-win for the 2012 Stanley Cup champions, and that will be in Game 5 on Saturday night back in San Jose. After an emotional 6-3 victory in Game 4 – those emotions boiled over at the end – the thought of going into the unfriendly confines of the SAP Center to try and extend the series seems to suit the Kings just fine.
“We’re going into the cage. Cages are a good thing,” said Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
Oh, there’s some fodder for the days ahead.
The Sharks are probably feeling the desperation to now close this bruising series out, not let it go any further than necessary.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8