Apr 25, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings showed some resolve Thursday night, staving off elimination and a sweep in their first-round series against the rival San Jose Sharks.
Now comes another must-win for the 2012 Stanley Cup champions, and that will be in Game 5 on Saturday night back in San Jose. After an emotional 6-3 victory in Game 4 – those emotions boiled over at the end – the thought of going into the unfriendly confines of the SAP Center to try and extend the series seems to suit the Kings just fine.
“We’re going into the cage. Cages are a good thing,” said Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
Oh, there’s some fodder for the days ahead.
The Sharks are probably feeling the desperation to now close this bruising series out, not let it go any further than necessary.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)