Apr 25, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings showed some resolve Thursday night, staving off elimination and a sweep in their first-round series against the rival San Jose Sharks.
Now comes another must-win for the 2012 Stanley Cup champions, and that will be in Game 5 on Saturday night back in San Jose. After an emotional 6-3 victory in Game 4 – those emotions boiled over at the end – the thought of going into the unfriendly confines of the SAP Center to try and extend the series seems to suit the Kings just fine.
“We’re going into the cage. Cages are a good thing,” said Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
Oh, there’s some fodder for the days ahead.
The Sharks are probably feeling the desperation to now close this bruising series out, not let it go any further than necessary.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25