Apr 25, 2014, 2:44 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings showed some resolve Thursday night, staving off elimination and a sweep in their first-round series against the rival San Jose Sharks.
Now comes another must-win for the 2012 Stanley Cup champions, and that will be in Game 5 on Saturday night back in San Jose. After an emotional 6-3 victory in Game 4 – those emotions boiled over at the end – the thought of going into the unfriendly confines of the SAP Center to try and extend the series seems to suit the Kings just fine.
“We’re going into the cage. Cages are a good thing,” said Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
Oh, there’s some fodder for the days ahead.
The Sharks are probably feeling the desperation to now close this bruising series out, not let it go any further than necessary.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 1
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)