Apr 25, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
With the Flyers down 2-1 in their first round series against the New York Rangers, Philadelphia plans to start Steve Mason for the first time since April 12.
Mason, who had been out with an upper-body injury, was healthy enough to play in Game 3, but he started the contest as Ray Emery‘s backup and only came into the game after Emery allowed four goals on 20 shots.
Although Mason was solid in the regular season and would have been the Flyers’ Game 1 starter if he was healthy, he is an X-factor tonight. The last time Mason started in a playoff contest was in 2008 and he’s never won a postseason game.
Philadelphia just has to hope the 25-year-old goaltender starts making up for lost time.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. and air on CNBC. You can also stream it online:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)