Apr 25, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
With the Flyers down 2-1 in their first round series against the New York Rangers, Philadelphia plans to start Steve Mason for the first time since April 12.
Mason, who had been out with an upper-body injury, was healthy enough to play in Game 3, but he started the contest as Ray Emery‘s backup and only came into the game after Emery allowed four goals on 20 shots.
Although Mason was solid in the regular season and would have been the Flyers’ Game 1 starter if he was healthy, he is an X-factor tonight. The last time Mason started in a playoff contest was in 2008 and he’s never won a postseason game.
Philadelphia just has to hope the 25-year-old goaltender starts making up for lost time.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. and air on CNBC. You can also stream it online:
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5