Apr 25, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks got off to a 2-0 series lead, but the Stars rallied back when the series headed to Dallas.
Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau tried to mix things up for Game 4 by scratching future Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne, but that move didn’t pay off, so the 43-year-old forward will be back in the lineup tonight.
Anaheim will also start goalie Frederik Andersen again despite the fact that he was yanked in Game 4 after allowing four goals on 25 shots. He has a 3.17 GAA and .898 save percentage in this series.
The only big unknown for the Ducks is whether or not Ryan Getzlaf will play after he missed Game 4 with an upper-body injury.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
With or without him, this is a critical contest for the Ducks. The last thing they want is for the Stars to be on a three-game winning streak and on the brink of advancing when the series heads back to Dallas for Game 6.
Tonight’s game will start at 10:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream the contest online:
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 2
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 15
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 124
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (124)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)