Apr 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The series between the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues has been the closest of the first round matchups. Three of the four contests have gone to overtime, but the home team has won every game.
Given that the Blues have home ice advantage in this series, the onus is on Chicago to snap that trend.
“It’s (about) closing it out,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “You look at all the games we’ve had here, it looks like we’re getting something out of the game (but it was) definitely disappointing the two prior games. For the most part, I’ve liked how we’ve played in all the games this year but we need to play our best game tonight.”
He didn’t participate in the Blues’ morning skate, so it would be surprising to see him in the game. However, given that this is the playoffs, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock decided to be non-committal about Backes’ availability.
Update: >a href=”http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/blues-get-captain-david-backes-back-tonight/”>Backes will play after all.
What is certain is that the game will be on NBCSN. The start time is 8:00 p.m. and you can stream it online:
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)