Apr 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The series between the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues has been the closest of the first round matchups. Three of the four contests have gone to overtime, but the home team has won every game.
Given that the Blues have home ice advantage in this series, the onus is on Chicago to snap that trend.
“It’s (about) closing it out,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “You look at all the games we’ve had here, it looks like we’re getting something out of the game (but it was) definitely disappointing the two prior games. For the most part, I’ve liked how we’ve played in all the games this year but we need to play our best game tonight.”
He didn’t participate in the Blues’ morning skate, so it would be surprising to see him in the game. However, given that this is the playoffs, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock decided to be non-committal about Backes’ availability.
Update: >a href=”http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/blues-get-captain-david-backes-back-tonight/”>Backes will play after all.
What is certain is that the game will be on NBCSN. The start time is 8:00 p.m. and you can stream it online:
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)