Apr 25, 2014, 8:36 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers might have to play the rest of Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with just five defensemen.
Nicklas Grossmann fell awkwardly into the boards early in the second period. He needed some help getting back up before heading to Philadelphia’s dressing room. Rangers forward Derick Brassard was going after the puck along with Grossmann, but it didn’t look like Brassard played a significant role in Grossmann’s fall.
You can see what happened below:
It looks like it’s his right leg/knee that’s hurt.
Grossmann was by far the Flyers’ best shot blocker in the regular season with 174 in 78 games. He also ranked fourth on the team with 189 hits.
Update: Grossmann has officially been ruled out for the remainder of the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)