Apr 25, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers might have to play the rest of Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with just five defensemen.
Nicklas Grossmann fell awkwardly into the boards early in the second period. He needed some help getting back up before heading to Philadelphia’s dressing room. Rangers forward Derick Brassard was going after the puck along with Grossmann, but it didn’t look like Brassard played a significant role in Grossmann’s fall.
You can see what happened below:
It looks like it’s his right leg/knee that’s hurt.
Grossmann was by far the Flyers’ best shot blocker in the regular season with 174 in 78 games. He also ranked fourth on the team with 189 hits.
Update: Grossmann has officially been ruled out for the remainder of the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)