Apr 25, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers might have to play the rest of Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with just five defensemen.
Nicklas Grossmann fell awkwardly into the boards early in the second period. He needed some help getting back up before heading to Philadelphia’s dressing room. Rangers forward Derick Brassard was going after the puck along with Grossmann, but it didn’t look like Brassard played a significant role in Grossmann’s fall.
You can see what happened below:
It looks like it’s his right leg/knee that’s hurt.
Grossmann was by far the Flyers’ best shot blocker in the regular season with 174 in 78 games. He also ranked fourth on the team with 189 hits.
Update: Grossmann has officially been ruled out for the remainder of the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)