Apr 25, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers might have to play the rest of Friday’s game against the New York Rangers with just five defensemen.
Nicklas Grossmann fell awkwardly into the boards early in the second period. He needed some help getting back up before heading to Philadelphia’s dressing room. Rangers forward Derick Brassard was going after the puck along with Grossmann, but it didn’t look like Brassard played a significant role in Grossmann’s fall.
You can see what happened below:
It looks like it’s his right leg/knee that’s hurt.
Grossmann was by far the Flyers’ best shot blocker in the regular season with 174 in 78 games. He also ranked fourth on the team with 189 hits.
Update: Grossmann has officially been ruled out for the remainder of the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 29
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 14
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 3
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 57
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (57)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)