Apr 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins have seen this movie before.
A first round playoff series against a historical rival in which they take a 3-1 series lead after a thrilling overtime win in Game 4 on the road.
“We were in this position last year, same thing, winning Game 4 in overtime in Toronto and we all know what happened after that,” Lucic said.
We sure do remember. The Maple Leafs stormed back to force Game 7. Of course, the Maple Leafs were up 4-1 in Game 7 before ultimately losing 5-4 in overtime and while that was a good thing for the Bruins, they’d ultimately not like to go down the same road with the Red Wings.
If there’s something the Bruins have excelled at in recent years it’s learning lessons from the past. Don’t expect them to take the foot off the gas the rest of the way against the Wings.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5