Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Frederik Andersen will be back in goal, and Teemu Selanne will be back in the lineup. As for Ryan Getzlaf, we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to suit up for the Ducks tonight when they host the Dallas Stars, the teams’ first-round series tied 2-2.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf, who skated this morning after missing Game 4 on Wednesday. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
Getzlaf is listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“I’m not really going to discuss what exactly is going on,” he said yesterday. “That’s what we’ve always done here during the playoffs. I wish I could give you insight on it, but I’m just not allowed to”
Moving on to the goaltending story, Andersen was replaced by Jonas Hiller in Game 4’s defeat after allowing four goals on 25 shots. The 24-year-old rookie has allowed 12 goals overall in they playoffs, for a save percentage of just .898.
Still, Andersen’s struggles in Dallas haven’t given coach Bruce Boudreau enough reason to give the starting job back to Hiller, who played poorly in March and April.
“Game 3 is behind me,” the Finnish star said. “There’s no hard feelings. I’m excited.”
Defenseman Luca Sbisa is also expected to draw into the Ducks’ lineup.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18