Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Frederik Andersen will be back in goal, and Teemu Selanne will be back in the lineup. As for Ryan Getzlaf, we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to suit up for the Ducks tonight when they host the Dallas Stars, the teams’ first-round series tied 2-2.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf, who skated this morning after missing Game 4 on Wednesday. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
Getzlaf is listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“I’m not really going to discuss what exactly is going on,” he said yesterday. “That’s what we’ve always done here during the playoffs. I wish I could give you insight on it, but I’m just not allowed to”
Moving on to the goaltending story, Andersen was replaced by Jonas Hiller in Game 4’s defeat after allowing four goals on 25 shots. The 24-year-old rookie has allowed 12 goals overall in they playoffs, for a save percentage of just .898.
Still, Andersen’s struggles in Dallas haven’t given coach Bruce Boudreau enough reason to give the starting job back to Hiller, who played poorly in March and April.
“Game 3 is behind me,” the Finnish star said. “There’s no hard feelings. I’m excited.”
Defenseman Luca Sbisa is also expected to draw into the Ducks’ lineup.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)