Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Frederik Andersen will be back in goal, and Teemu Selanne will be back in the lineup. As for Ryan Getzlaf, we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to suit up for the Ducks tonight when they host the Dallas Stars, the teams’ first-round series tied 2-2.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf, who skated this morning after missing Game 4 on Wednesday. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
Getzlaf is listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“I’m not really going to discuss what exactly is going on,” he said yesterday. “That’s what we’ve always done here during the playoffs. I wish I could give you insight on it, but I’m just not allowed to”
Moving on to the goaltending story, Andersen was replaced by Jonas Hiller in Game 4’s defeat after allowing four goals on 25 shots. The 24-year-old rookie has allowed 12 goals overall in they playoffs, for a save percentage of just .898.
Still, Andersen’s struggles in Dallas haven’t given coach Bruce Boudreau enough reason to give the starting job back to Hiller, who played poorly in March and April.
“Game 3 is behind me,” the Finnish star said. “There’s no hard feelings. I’m excited.”
Defenseman Luca Sbisa is also expected to draw into the Ducks’ lineup.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)