Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Frederik Andersen will be back in goal, and Teemu Selanne will be back in the lineup. As for Ryan Getzlaf, we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to suit up for the Ducks tonight when they host the Dallas Stars, the teams’ first-round series tied 2-2.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf, who skated this morning after missing Game 4 on Wednesday. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
Getzlaf is listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“I’m not really going to discuss what exactly is going on,” he said yesterday. “That’s what we’ve always done here during the playoffs. I wish I could give you insight on it, but I’m just not allowed to”
Moving on to the goaltending story, Andersen was replaced by Jonas Hiller in Game 4’s defeat after allowing four goals on 25 shots. The 24-year-old rookie has allowed 12 goals overall in they playoffs, for a save percentage of just .898.
Still, Andersen’s struggles in Dallas haven’t given coach Bruce Boudreau enough reason to give the starting job back to Hiller, who played poorly in March and April.
“Game 3 is behind me,” the Finnish star said. “There’s no hard feelings. I’m excited.”
Defenseman Luca Sbisa is also expected to draw into the Ducks’ lineup.
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)