Apr 25, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
Frederik Andersen will be back in goal, and Teemu Selanne will be back in the lineup. As for Ryan Getzlaf, we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to suit up for the Ducks tonight when they host the Dallas Stars, the teams’ first-round series tied 2-2.
“It’s all about getting clearance at this point,” said Getzlaf, who skated this morning after missing Game 4 on Wednesday. “It’s part of the process. We’ll see what happens later today.”
Getzlaf is listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“I’m not really going to discuss what exactly is going on,” he said yesterday. “That’s what we’ve always done here during the playoffs. I wish I could give you insight on it, but I’m just not allowed to”
Moving on to the goaltending story, Andersen was replaced by Jonas Hiller in Game 4’s defeat after allowing four goals on 25 shots. The 24-year-old rookie has allowed 12 goals overall in they playoffs, for a save percentage of just .898.
Still, Andersen’s struggles in Dallas haven’t given coach Bruce Boudreau enough reason to give the starting job back to Hiller, who played poorly in March and April.
“Game 3 is behind me,” the Finnish star said. “There’s no hard feelings. I’m excited.”
Defenseman Luca Sbisa is also expected to draw into the Ducks’ lineup.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)