Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
In case you missed it earlier, defenseman Jared Spurgeon gave the Minnesota Wild an early 1-0 lead less than four minutes into the opening period against the Colorado Avalanche in Game 4.
It was a perfect shot, a rocket to the top corner, beating Semyon Varlamov on the stick side.
The Wild, looking to even the series at two-game apiece, carried a 25-7 shot advantage heading into the third period but only a 2-1 lead over the visiting Avalanche. Ryan O’Reilly scored for Colorado 30 seconds after Charlie Coyle gave Minnesota a two-goal lead.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)