Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
In case you missed it earlier, defenseman Jared Spurgeon gave the Minnesota Wild an early 1-0 lead less than four minutes into the opening period against the Colorado Avalanche in Game 4.
It was a perfect shot, a rocket to the top corner, beating Semyon Varlamov on the stick side.
The Wild, looking to even the series at two-game apiece, carried a 25-7 shot advantage heading into the third period but only a 2-1 lead over the visiting Avalanche. Ryan O’Reilly scored for Colorado 30 seconds after Charlie Coyle gave Minnesota a two-goal lead.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)