Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Can James Sheppard play baseball?
The San Jose Sharks forward scored with only seven seconds remaining in the opening period, tying Game 4 against the L.A. Kings at a goal apiece. Sheppard knocked a loose puck out of the air in front of Jonathan Quick, showing some nifty hand-eye coordination after some earlier good work around the net and in the corner from his 20-year-old linemate Tomas Hertl.
The Kings, looking to stave off getting swept out of the first-round by their California rivals, opened the scoring on a goal from Marian Gaborik at the 4:08 mark of the first period. The Kings were just seconds away from getting out of the period with the lead, until Sheppard found the back of the net.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 10
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 14
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 49
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)