Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Can James Sheppard play baseball?
The San Jose Sharks forward scored with only seven seconds remaining in the opening period, tying Game 4 against the L.A. Kings at a goal apiece. Sheppard knocked a loose puck out of the air in front of Jonathan Quick, showing some nifty hand-eye coordination after some earlier good work around the net and in the corner from his 20-year-old linemate Tomas Hertl.
The Kings, looking to stave off getting swept out of the first-round by their California rivals, opened the scoring on a goal from Marian Gaborik at the 4:08 mark of the first period. The Kings were just seconds away from getting out of the period with the lead, until Sheppard found the back of the net.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 10
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)