Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Can James Sheppard play baseball?
The San Jose Sharks forward scored with only seven seconds remaining in the opening period, tying Game 4 against the L.A. Kings at a goal apiece. Sheppard knocked a loose puck out of the air in front of Jonathan Quick, showing some nifty hand-eye coordination after some earlier good work around the net and in the corner from his 20-year-old linemate Tomas Hertl.
The Kings, looking to stave off getting swept out of the first-round by their California rivals, opened the scoring on a goal from Marian Gaborik at the 4:08 mark of the first period. The Kings were just seconds away from getting out of the period with the lead, until Sheppard found the back of the net.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)