Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Can James Sheppard play baseball?
The San Jose Sharks forward scored with only seven seconds remaining in the opening period, tying Game 4 against the L.A. Kings at a goal apiece. Sheppard knocked a loose puck out of the air in front of Jonathan Quick, showing some nifty hand-eye coordination after some earlier good work around the net and in the corner from his 20-year-old linemate Tomas Hertl.
The Kings, looking to stave off getting swept out of the first-round by their California rivals, opened the scoring on a goal from Marian Gaborik at the 4:08 mark of the first period. The Kings were just seconds away from getting out of the period with the lead, until Sheppard found the back of the net.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)