Apr 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Whether people like it or not, Brad Marchand is a quality hockey player.
He’s the type who can create as much as he agitates, so there are only so many opportunities for detractors to razz the polarizing Boston Bruins pest. Thursday presented that opportunity, as he dealt with some humors/heartbreaking missed opportunities (depending upon the observer):
Even those who cover the Bruins were getting a few zingers in:
Marchand still has a chance to get the last laugh in overtime, though.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13