Apr 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Whether people like it or not, Brad Marchand is a quality hockey player.
He’s the type who can create as much as he agitates, so there are only so many opportunities for detractors to razz the polarizing Boston Bruins pest. Thursday presented that opportunity, as he dealt with some humors/heartbreaking missed opportunities (depending upon the observer):
Even those who cover the Bruins were getting a few zingers in:
Marchand still has a chance to get the last laugh in overtime, though.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5