Apr 24, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
People didn’t even wait until the end of an eventual Game 4 Dallas Stars win to chastise the Anaheim Ducks for making Teemu Selanne a healthy scratch. The future Hall of Famer was willing to let it go on Thursday though.
“It’s over. I don’t even want to talk about the whole thing,” Selanne said. “I told Bruce it’s a new day, the series starts now. There are no hard feelings.”
“It’s playoff time, and I don’t even want to think of any negative energy. Tomorrow is a big day, and we go from there.”
There’s also an outside chance that getting a break – and maybe a little spark from not dressing – might just be a blessing in disguise. The 43-year-old was selectively rested through the 2013-14 regular season, so maybe he can make more of an impact than he did earlier in this series (one assist through three games).
Either way, the beloved winger maintains the kind of attitude that makes him such a darling among NHL fans. It remains to be seen if he can help the Ducks extend his career beyond the first round, though.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)