Apr 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
Sounds like the Rangers are more than prepared to face Steve Mason Friday in Game 4 of the opening-round series against the Flyers.
“We went through the same preparation as we went through with Emery, scouting report, some video, we know what to expect from him and we know the areas to go after,” said Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.
Mason’s former teammate Derick Brassard said: “He’s had a good season, we’ve got to expect him to be good. He plays the puck well, so we have to be carefeul on the dump ins.”
Derek Dorsett. “We have to throw a lot of pucks on him, he hasn’t played in a while, test him early, especially in the playoffs, where there’s a little more pressure.”
The Rangers are familiar with Mason, having faced him three times during the regular season — though that hardly amounted to great success. The Flyers goalie was very good against the Blueshirts, going 2-1-0 with a .937 save percentage and 2.01 GAA (the strength of those numbers came at Wells Fargo, where Mason went 2-0-0 against New York with a .955 save percentage and 1.50 GAA.)
Friday will mark Mason’s first start of the series — he was sidelined since suffering an upper-body injury in the final weekend of the regular season — though he did play seven minutes in relief of Emery during a 4-1 loss in Game 3.
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 8
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 18
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)