Apr 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Sounds like the Rangers are more than prepared to face Steve Mason Friday in Game 4 of the opening-round series against the Flyers.
“We went through the same preparation as we went through with Emery, scouting report, some video, we know what to expect from him and we know the areas to go after,” said Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.
Mason’s former teammate Derick Brassard said: “He’s had a good season, we’ve got to expect him to be good. He plays the puck well, so we have to be carefeul on the dump ins.”
Derek Dorsett. “We have to throw a lot of pucks on him, he hasn’t played in a while, test him early, especially in the playoffs, where there’s a little more pressure.”
The Rangers are familiar with Mason, having faced him three times during the regular season — though that hardly amounted to great success. The Flyers goalie was very good against the Blueshirts, going 2-1-0 with a .937 save percentage and 2.01 GAA (the strength of those numbers came at Wells Fargo, where Mason went 2-0-0 against New York with a .955 save percentage and 1.50 GAA.)
Friday will mark Mason’s first start of the series — he was sidelined since suffering an upper-body injury in the final weekend of the regular season — though he did play seven minutes in relief of Emery during a 4-1 loss in Game 3.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 4
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)