Apr 24, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
Sounds like the Rangers are more than prepared to face Steve Mason Friday in Game 4 of the opening-round series against the Flyers.
“We went through the same preparation as we went through with Emery, scouting report, some video, we know what to expect from him and we know the areas to go after,” said Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.
Mason’s former teammate Derick Brassard said: “He’s had a good season, we’ve got to expect him to be good. He plays the puck well, so we have to be carefeul on the dump ins.”
Derek Dorsett. “We have to throw a lot of pucks on him, he hasn’t played in a while, test him early, especially in the playoffs, where there’s a little more pressure.”
The Rangers are familiar with Mason, having faced him three times during the regular season — though that hardly amounted to great success. The Flyers goalie was very good against the Blueshirts, going 2-1-0 with a .937 save percentage and 2.01 GAA (the strength of those numbers came at Wells Fargo, where Mason went 2-0-0 against New York with a .955 save percentage and 1.50 GAA.)
Friday will mark Mason’s first start of the series — he was sidelined since suffering an upper-body injury in the final weekend of the regular season — though he did play seven minutes in relief of Emery during a 4-1 loss in Game 3.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)