Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
From the Anaheim Ducks:
Getzlaf is apparently “hoping to play,” but it doesn’t sound like we’ll find out anything definitive until tomorrow.
It hasn’t been reported why exactly Getzlaf was held out of last night’s game in Dallas, a 4-2 Ducks loss that sent the series back to Anaheim tied 2-2. He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“It was a previous injury aggravated, but that’s all I’m going to say,” Boudreau said last night.
Finishing with 87 points in 77 games, Getzlaf was the NHL’s second-leading scorer, behind only Sidney Crosby, during the regular season. It’s likely he’ll be one of the finalists for the Hart Trophy. Which is to say, without the 28-year-old center in the lineup, Anaheim is a significantly different team.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5