Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
From the Anaheim Ducks:
Getzlaf is apparently “hoping to play,” but it doesn’t sound like we’ll find out anything definitive until tomorrow.
It hasn’t been reported why exactly Getzlaf was held out of last night’s game in Dallas, a 4-2 Ducks loss that sent the series back to Anaheim tied 2-2. He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“It was a previous injury aggravated, but that’s all I’m going to say,” Boudreau said last night.
Finishing with 87 points in 77 games, Getzlaf was the NHL’s second-leading scorer, behind only Sidney Crosby, during the regular season. It’s likely he’ll be one of the finalists for the Hart Trophy. Which is to say, without the 28-year-old center in the lineup, Anaheim is a significantly different team.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)