Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
From the Anaheim Ducks:
Getzlaf is apparently “hoping to play,” but it doesn’t sound like we’ll find out anything definitive until tomorrow.
It hasn’t been reported why exactly Getzlaf was held out of last night’s game in Dallas, a 4-2 Ducks loss that sent the series back to Anaheim tied 2-2. He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“It was a previous injury aggravated, but that’s all I’m going to say,” Boudreau said last night.
Finishing with 87 points in 77 games, Getzlaf was the NHL’s second-leading scorer, behind only Sidney Crosby, during the regular season. It’s likely he’ll be one of the finalists for the Hart Trophy. Which is to say, without the 28-year-old center in the lineup, Anaheim is a significantly different team.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)