Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
From the Anaheim Ducks:
Getzlaf is apparently “hoping to play,” but it doesn’t sound like we’ll find out anything definitive until tomorrow.
It hasn’t been reported why exactly Getzlaf was held out of last night’s game in Dallas, a 4-2 Ducks loss that sent the series back to Anaheim tied 2-2. He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“It was a previous injury aggravated, but that’s all I’m going to say,” Boudreau said last night.
Finishing with 87 points in 77 games, Getzlaf was the NHL’s second-leading scorer, behind only Sidney Crosby, during the regular season. It’s likely he’ll be one of the finalists for the Hart Trophy. Which is to say, without the 28-year-old center in the lineup, Anaheim is a significantly different team.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)