Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
From the Anaheim Ducks:
Getzlaf is apparently “hoping to play,” but it doesn’t sound like we’ll find out anything definitive until tomorrow.
It hasn’t been reported why exactly Getzlaf was held out of last night’s game in Dallas, a 4-2 Ducks loss that sent the series back to Anaheim tied 2-2. He’s listed with an upper-body injury, which may or may not be related to the puck he took in the face in Game 1.
“It was a previous injury aggravated, but that’s all I’m going to say,” Boudreau said last night.
Finishing with 87 points in 77 games, Getzlaf was the NHL’s second-leading scorer, behind only Sidney Crosby, during the regular season. It’s likely he’ll be one of the finalists for the Hart Trophy. Which is to say, without the 28-year-old center in the lineup, Anaheim is a significantly different team.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6