Apr 24, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled one of their top prospects just prior to Friday’s game against the Rangers.
Scott Laughton, who’s OHL Oshawa club was knocked out of playoff contention on Wednesday, has been brought up but reportedly won’t play against New York in Game 4 of the opening-round series, per head coach Craig Berube.
Laughton, the 20th overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, has enjoyed a tremendous campaign. He scored 40 goals and 87 points in 54 games for the Generals this season, and was named Team Canada’s captain at the 2014 World Juniors.
It’ll be interesting to see if the Flyers work him into the mix. Though he’s only 19, Laughton is thought to be one of the more NHL-ready junior players and does have five games of big-league experience under his belt, having made the Flyers out of training camp to start the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign.
According to CapGeek, the Flyers could also slide his entry-level contract to next season if he appears in nine or fewer playoff games — so the opportunity to use Laughton as a jolt of energy appears to be there, should the Flyers go that route.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)