Apr 24, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
If you believe the speculation, Dan Bylsma is coaching for his job in these playoffs. Anything less than a deep run and the Pittsburgh Penguins could have a new guy behind the bench next season. Or so they say.
Today, with his team stuck in a first-round dog fight with the underdog Blue Jackets, Bylsma spoke like a coach under some pressure.
Per the Tribune-Review, here’s Bylma on his team’s effort last night in Columbus, where the Pens blew a three-goal lead and lost in overtime: “The work and compete and the battle level has probably been the most troubling thing. … It has to be raised. … It’s our puck battles. It’s our willingness to play in those areas and make it a tough game. Our whole team needs to be better in that regard.”
Neither Crosby nor Malkin have scored a goal in the first four games of the series, though they each have four assists.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 16
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 22
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)