Apr 24, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
If Bruce Boudreau already knows who he’ll choose to start in net for the Anaheim Ducks in Game 5 against the Dallas Stars, he isn’t sharing his answer just yet.
It’s reasonable to ask, though. After winning the series’ first two games following some debate regarding who should get the nod, Frederik Andersen dropped the next two games and was even pulled for Jonas Hiller late in Game 4.
While that opens the door for speculation, Boudreau and Hiller were both pleased that he at least got some postseason reps in, even though the Swiss-born goalie only faced one shot during the physical closing span of Game 4.
“It was important he played,” Boudreau said. “Whether he’s going to start tomorrow, it was important that he’s already seen playoff ice, and not coming in blind.”
Especially since Boudreau noted that Hiller, 32, was “lacking confidence” coming into the playoffs.
There’s a reasonable argument for turning to either goalie – not to mention promising young netminder John Gibson – but ultimately it’s Boudreau’s call. Not that people won’t question him if Game 5 goes poorly …
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)