Apr 24, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
If Bruce Boudreau already knows who he’ll choose to start in net for the Anaheim Ducks in Game 5 against the Dallas Stars, he isn’t sharing his answer just yet.
It’s reasonable to ask, though. After winning the series’ first two games following some debate regarding who should get the nod, Frederik Andersen dropped the next two games and was even pulled for Jonas Hiller late in Game 4.
While that opens the door for speculation, Boudreau and Hiller were both pleased that he at least got some postseason reps in, even though the Swiss-born goalie only faced one shot during the physical closing span of Game 4.
“It was important he played,” Boudreau said. “Whether he’s going to start tomorrow, it was important that he’s already seen playoff ice, and not coming in blind.”
Especially since Boudreau noted that Hiller, 32, was “lacking confidence” coming into the playoffs.
There’s a reasonable argument for turning to either goalie – not to mention promising young netminder John Gibson – but ultimately it’s Boudreau’s call. Not that people won’t question him if Game 5 goes poorly …
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 24
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 17
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 56
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)