Apr 24, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
If Bruce Boudreau already knows who he’ll choose to start in net for the Anaheim Ducks in Game 5 against the Dallas Stars, he isn’t sharing his answer just yet.
It’s reasonable to ask, though. After winning the series’ first two games following some debate regarding who should get the nod, Frederik Andersen dropped the next two games and was even pulled for Jonas Hiller late in Game 4.
While that opens the door for speculation, Boudreau and Hiller were both pleased that he at least got some postseason reps in, even though the Swiss-born goalie only faced one shot during the physical closing span of Game 4.
“It was important he played,” Boudreau said. “Whether he’s going to start tomorrow, it was important that he’s already seen playoff ice, and not coming in blind.”
Especially since Boudreau noted that Hiller, 32, was “lacking confidence” coming into the playoffs.
There’s a reasonable argument for turning to either goalie – not to mention promising young netminder John Gibson – but ultimately it’s Boudreau’s call. Not that people won’t question him if Game 5 goes poorly …
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 43
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 12
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 70
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 12
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (70)