Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
That’s what Detroit head coach Mike Babcock confirmed on Thursday morning, saying that Bertuzzi would draw in and make his series debut against Boston at the expense of Jurco, who comes out after going pointless in the first three games of the series.
The Wings are looking to spark an offense that has just two goals through three games and is 0-for-9 on the power play. It’s also expected Henrik Zetterberg will make his comeback tonight and play “limited minutes,” so all signs point to Babcock leaning on his vets to get the club out of its scoring slump.
Bertuzzi had nine goals and 16 points in 59 games this year, but hasn’t scored point in his last 11 playoff appearances.
In other lineup news, Detroit will once again be without Daniel Alfredsson tonight. The 41-year-old is dealing with a back injury — which forced him out of Game 3 — but is expected to be available for selection for Saturday’s Game 5.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (109)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)