Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
That’s what Detroit head coach Mike Babcock confirmed on Thursday morning, saying that Bertuzzi would draw in and make his series debut against Boston at the expense of Jurco, who comes out after going pointless in the first three games of the series.
The Wings are looking to spark an offense that has just two goals through three games and is 0-for-9 on the power play. It’s also expected Henrik Zetterberg will make his comeback tonight and play “limited minutes,” so all signs point to Babcock leaning on his vets to get the club out of its scoring slump.
Bertuzzi had nine goals and 16 points in 59 games this year, but hasn’t scored point in his last 11 playoff appearances.
In other lineup news, Detroit will once again be without Daniel Alfredsson tonight. The 41-year-old is dealing with a back injury — which forced him out of Game 3 — but is expected to be available for selection for Saturday’s Game 5.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)