Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
That’s what Detroit head coach Mike Babcock confirmed on Thursday morning, saying that Bertuzzi would draw in and make his series debut against Boston at the expense of Jurco, who comes out after going pointless in the first three games of the series.
The Wings are looking to spark an offense that has just two goals through three games and is 0-for-9 on the power play. It’s also expected Henrik Zetterberg will make his comeback tonight and play “limited minutes,” so all signs point to Babcock leaning on his vets to get the club out of its scoring slump.
Bertuzzi had nine goals and 16 points in 59 games this year, but hasn’t scored point in his last 11 playoff appearances.
In other lineup news, Detroit will once again be without Daniel Alfredsson tonight. The 41-year-old is dealing with a back injury — which forced him out of Game 3 — but is expected to be available for selection for Saturday’s Game 5.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)