Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
That’s what Detroit head coach Mike Babcock confirmed on Thursday morning, saying that Bertuzzi would draw in and make his series debut against Boston at the expense of Jurco, who comes out after going pointless in the first three games of the series.
The Wings are looking to spark an offense that has just two goals through three games and is 0-for-9 on the power play. It’s also expected Henrik Zetterberg will make his comeback tonight and play “limited minutes,” so all signs point to Babcock leaning on his vets to get the club out of its scoring slump.
Bertuzzi had nine goals and 16 points in 59 games this year, but hasn’t scored point in his last 11 playoff appearances.
In other lineup news, Detroit will once again be without Daniel Alfredsson tonight. The 41-year-old is dealing with a back injury — which forced him out of Game 3 — but is expected to be available for selection for Saturday’s Game 5.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)