Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks were both regarded as legitimate Stanley Cup contenders going into the playoffs and this matchup has been nothing if not even thus far.
The Blues won the first two games at home, but couldn’t settle either contest in 60 minutes. The series headed to Chicago for Game 3 and Chicago narrowly secured a 2-0 victory with the insurance goal coming on an empty net.
So far both teams have been very effective at killing penalties in this series with the Blackhawks posting a 93.8% penalty kill and St. Louis sitting at 92.9%. That might change in a hurry though as St. Louis and Chicago ranked seventh and 10th in the NHL respectively with the man advantage during the regular season. In a series this tight, if either team can get things going on the power play, that squad would have a distinct edge going forward.
The game will start at 9:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)