Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks were both regarded as legitimate Stanley Cup contenders going into the playoffs and this matchup has been nothing if not even thus far.
The Blues won the first two games at home, but couldn’t settle either contest in 60 minutes. The series headed to Chicago for Game 3 and Chicago narrowly secured a 2-0 victory with the insurance goal coming on an empty net.
So far both teams have been very effective at killing penalties in this series with the Blackhawks posting a 93.8% penalty kill and St. Louis sitting at 92.9%. That might change in a hurry though as St. Louis and Chicago ranked seventh and 10th in the NHL respectively with the man advantage during the regular season. In a series this tight, if either team can get things going on the power play, that squad would have a distinct edge going forward.
The game will start at 9:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)