Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks were both regarded as legitimate Stanley Cup contenders going into the playoffs and this matchup has been nothing if not even thus far.
The Blues won the first two games at home, but couldn’t settle either contest in 60 minutes. The series headed to Chicago for Game 3 and Chicago narrowly secured a 2-0 victory with the insurance goal coming on an empty net.
So far both teams have been very effective at killing penalties in this series with the Blackhawks posting a 93.8% penalty kill and St. Louis sitting at 92.9%. That might change in a hurry though as St. Louis and Chicago ranked seventh and 10th in the NHL respectively with the man advantage during the regular season. In a series this tight, if either team can get things going on the power play, that squad would have a distinct edge going forward.
The game will start at 9:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)