Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks were both regarded as legitimate Stanley Cup contenders going into the playoffs and this matchup has been nothing if not even thus far.
The Blues won the first two games at home, but couldn’t settle either contest in 60 minutes. The series headed to Chicago for Game 3 and Chicago narrowly secured a 2-0 victory with the insurance goal coming on an empty net.
So far both teams have been very effective at killing penalties in this series with the Blackhawks posting a 93.8% penalty kill and St. Louis sitting at 92.9%. That might change in a hurry though as St. Louis and Chicago ranked seventh and 10th in the NHL respectively with the man advantage during the regular season. In a series this tight, if either team can get things going on the power play, that squad would have a distinct edge going forward.
The game will start at 9:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)