Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks were both regarded as legitimate Stanley Cup contenders going into the playoffs and this matchup has been nothing if not even thus far.
The Blues won the first two games at home, but couldn’t settle either contest in 60 minutes. The series headed to Chicago for Game 3 and Chicago narrowly secured a 2-0 victory with the insurance goal coming on an empty net.
So far both teams have been very effective at killing penalties in this series with the Blackhawks posting a 93.8% penalty kill and St. Louis sitting at 92.9%. That might change in a hurry though as St. Louis and Chicago ranked seventh and 10th in the NHL respectively with the man advantage during the regular season. In a series this tight, if either team can get things going on the power play, that squad would have a distinct edge going forward.
The game will start at 9:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)