Apr 23, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Pegnuins entered the first round as the clear favorites against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but this series has arguably had more twists and turns than any of the other 2014 playoff matchups.
Both teams have won on the road and have overcome 2-goal deficits. While the Penguins hold a 2-1 series edge and can put the Blue Jackets against the ropes with a win tonight, it’s fair to say that neither squad should feel comfortable with the lead until the game is over.
The contest will start at 7:00 p.m. and air on NBCSN. You can also stream the game via the link below:
A homerun for the Penguins tonight would be a shutout. Since they won the Stanley Cup in 2009, the Penguins have allowed more than three goals per contest in the playoffs. They might be able to get away with that against Columbus, but it’s unlikely that they will get far in the postseason unless they can play a sounder defensive game.
For Columbus, a win would be huge in and of itself. It would be the franchise’s first playoff victory at home and keep the pressure on the Penguins.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)