Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has often been a lightning rod for criticism, especially since he’s had some low moments in the playoffs. Wednesday won’t exactly help matters for the one-time Stanley Cup champion.
Many are criticizing Fleury for playing the puck late in Game 4 against the Columbus Blue Jackets, opening up room for chaos to ensue and Brandon Dubinsky to pounce on the opportunity:
This constitutes another blown lead in this series, as the Penguins saw a 3-0 lead melt away into a 3-3 tie to produce an overtime nail-biter currently on NBCSN.
Again, many critiqued “The Flower.”
Then again, some think that it’s too easy just to pick on him:
Either way, the Penguins are a goal away from either being up 3-1 or 2-2 in this exciting series.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)