Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has often been a lightning rod for criticism, especially since he’s had some low moments in the playoffs. Wednesday won’t exactly help matters for the one-time Stanley Cup champion.
Many are criticizing Fleury for playing the puck late in Game 4 against the Columbus Blue Jackets, opening up room for chaos to ensue and Brandon Dubinsky to pounce on the opportunity:
This constitutes another blown lead in this series, as the Penguins saw a 3-0 lead melt away into a 3-3 tie to produce an overtime nail-biter currently on NBCSN.
Again, many critiqued “The Flower.”
Then again, some think that it’s too easy just to pick on him:
Either way, the Penguins are a goal away from either being up 3-1 or 2-2 in this exciting series.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)