Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has often been a lightning rod for criticism, especially since he’s had some low moments in the playoffs. Wednesday won’t exactly help matters for the one-time Stanley Cup champion.
Many are criticizing Fleury for playing the puck late in Game 4 against the Columbus Blue Jackets, opening up room for chaos to ensue and Brandon Dubinsky to pounce on the opportunity:
This constitutes another blown lead in this series, as the Penguins saw a 3-0 lead melt away into a 3-3 tie to produce an overtime nail-biter currently on NBCSN.
Again, many critiqued “The Flower.”
Then again, some think that it’s too easy just to pick on him:
Either way, the Penguins are a goal away from either being up 3-1 or 2-2 in this exciting series.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5