Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has often been a lightning rod for criticism, especially since he’s had some low moments in the playoffs. Wednesday won’t exactly help matters for the one-time Stanley Cup champion.
Many are criticizing Fleury for playing the puck late in Game 4 against the Columbus Blue Jackets, opening up room for chaos to ensue and Brandon Dubinsky to pounce on the opportunity:
This constitutes another blown lead in this series, as the Penguins saw a 3-0 lead melt away into a 3-3 tie to produce an overtime nail-biter currently on NBCSN.
Again, many critiqued “The Flower.”
Then again, some think that it’s too easy just to pick on him:
Either way, the Penguins are a goal away from either being up 3-1 or 2-2 in this exciting series.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 1
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)