Apr 23, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Some saw that as a precursor to Mason starting Game 4 at Wells Fargo — but for now, the Flyers’ No. 1 goalie isn’t thinking that way.
“I have no expectations,” Mason said. “If Chief [coach Craig Berube] says I’m in, then I’ll be ready.”
Mason practiced once again Wednesday with the Flyers’ coaching staff and a handful of players. If he’s called upon to start Friday, he says he’ll be prepared – despite not having started a game since April 12, and not playing a complete game since April 8.
While it’s impossible to perfectly replicate game situations in practice, Mason believes he’ll be sharp enough to play in Game 4 thanks to the work he’s put in since returning from the upper-body injury that kept him out of the lineup for the series’ first two games.
Mason, previously sidelined by an upper-body injury, looked good in limited action on Tuesday, stopping all three shots faced (two of which came on a power play.) That said, it was his first game action in 10 days and it’s still unclear just how game-ready he is, especially for Friday’s crucial tilt — one that Flyers captain Claude Giroux all but guaranteed victory in.
“It could be Ray or Mase, I think we’re pretty confident with how both goalies have been doing for us,” Giroux told CSN Philly. “We’re looking forward to Friday.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)