Apr 23, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Some saw that as a precursor to Mason starting Game 4 at Wells Fargo — but for now, the Flyers’ No. 1 goalie isn’t thinking that way.
“I have no expectations,” Mason said. “If Chief [coach Craig Berube] says I’m in, then I’ll be ready.”
Mason practiced once again Wednesday with the Flyers’ coaching staff and a handful of players. If he’s called upon to start Friday, he says he’ll be prepared – despite not having started a game since April 12, and not playing a complete game since April 8.
While it’s impossible to perfectly replicate game situations in practice, Mason believes he’ll be sharp enough to play in Game 4 thanks to the work he’s put in since returning from the upper-body injury that kept him out of the lineup for the series’ first two games.
Mason, previously sidelined by an upper-body injury, looked good in limited action on Tuesday, stopping all three shots faced (two of which came on a power play.) That said, it was his first game action in 10 days and it’s still unclear just how game-ready he is, especially for Friday’s crucial tilt — one that Flyers captain Claude Giroux all but guaranteed victory in.
“It could be Ray or Mase, I think we’re pretty confident with how both goalies have been doing for us,” Giroux told CSN Philly. “We’re looking forward to Friday.”
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)