Apr 23, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
Some saw that as a precursor to Mason starting Game 4 at Wells Fargo — but for now, the Flyers’ No. 1 goalie isn’t thinking that way.
“I have no expectations,” Mason said. “If Chief [coach Craig Berube] says I’m in, then I’ll be ready.”
Mason practiced once again Wednesday with the Flyers’ coaching staff and a handful of players. If he’s called upon to start Friday, he says he’ll be prepared – despite not having started a game since April 12, and not playing a complete game since April 8.
While it’s impossible to perfectly replicate game situations in practice, Mason believes he’ll be sharp enough to play in Game 4 thanks to the work he’s put in since returning from the upper-body injury that kept him out of the lineup for the series’ first two games.
Mason, previously sidelined by an upper-body injury, looked good in limited action on Tuesday, stopping all three shots faced (two of which came on a power play.) That said, it was his first game action in 10 days and it’s still unclear just how game-ready he is, especially for Friday’s crucial tilt — one that Flyers captain Claude Giroux all but guaranteed victory in.
“It could be Ray or Mase, I think we’re pretty confident with how both goalies have been doing for us,” Giroux told CSN Philly. “We’re looking forward to Friday.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)