Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks were forced to make yet another change ahead of tonight’s contest against Dallas.
Ryan Getzlaf is day-to-day with a upper-body injury and isn’t available for Game 4, per the Ducks’ Twitter account. He took a puck to the face on Wednesday, but had been playing despite significant swelling.
Rickard Rakell will play in his first postseason game in Getzlaf’s place. The 20-year-old forward has 22 games worth of NHL experience and has four career assists.
Getzlaf had 31 goals and 87 points in 77 games in the regular season and has already contributed four points in the first round.
Despite the loss of Getzlaf, Anaheim will try to bounce back after suffering a 3-0 loss in Game 3 on Monday.
Getzlaf didn’t skate this morning, but there was no word/hint this was coming.
— Lance Pugmire (@latimespugmire) April 23, 2014
Update: Getzlaf is back in Anaheim and getting treated in the hopes of being available for Game 5, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)