Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were forced to make yet another change ahead of tonight’s contest against Dallas.
Ryan Getzlaf is day-to-day with a upper-body injury and isn’t available for Game 4, per the Ducks’ Twitter account. He took a puck to the face on Wednesday, but had been playing despite significant swelling.
Rickard Rakell will play in his first postseason game in Getzlaf’s place. The 20-year-old forward has 22 games worth of NHL experience and has four career assists.
Getzlaf had 31 goals and 87 points in 77 games in the regular season and has already contributed four points in the first round.
Despite the loss of Getzlaf, Anaheim will try to bounce back after suffering a 3-0 loss in Game 3 on Monday.
Getzlaf didn’t skate this morning, but there was no word/hint this was coming.
— Lance Pugmire (@latimespugmire) April 23, 2014
Update: Getzlaf is back in Anaheim and getting treated in the hopes of being available for Game 5, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)