Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were forced to make yet another change ahead of tonight’s contest against Dallas.
Ryan Getzlaf is day-to-day with a upper-body injury and isn’t available for Game 4, per the Ducks’ Twitter account. He took a puck to the face on Wednesday, but had been playing despite significant swelling.
Rickard Rakell will play in his first postseason game in Getzlaf’s place. The 20-year-old forward has 22 games worth of NHL experience and has four career assists.
Getzlaf had 31 goals and 87 points in 77 games in the regular season and has already contributed four points in the first round.
Despite the loss of Getzlaf, Anaheim will try to bounce back after suffering a 3-0 loss in Game 3 on Monday.
Getzlaf didn’t skate this morning, but there was no word/hint this was coming.
— Lance Pugmire (@latimespugmire) April 23, 2014
Update: Getzlaf is back in Anaheim and getting treated in the hopes of being available for Game 5, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)