Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were forced to make yet another change ahead of tonight’s contest against Dallas.
Ryan Getzlaf is day-to-day with a upper-body injury and isn’t available for Game 4, per the Ducks’ Twitter account. He took a puck to the face on Wednesday, but had been playing despite significant swelling.
Rickard Rakell will play in his first postseason game in Getzlaf’s place. The 20-year-old forward has 22 games worth of NHL experience and has four career assists.
Getzlaf had 31 goals and 87 points in 77 games in the regular season and has already contributed four points in the first round.
Despite the loss of Getzlaf, Anaheim will try to bounce back after suffering a 3-0 loss in Game 3 on Monday.
Getzlaf didn’t skate this morning, but there was no word/hint this was coming.
— Lance Pugmire (@latimespugmire) April 23, 2014
Update: Getzlaf is back in Anaheim and getting treated in the hopes of being available for Game 5, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 10
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)