Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Backes missed Game 3 as a result and without him, the Blues lost 2-0 to Chicago. Meanwhile, Seabrook will serve the second contest of his three game suspension tonight.
St. Louis still has a 2-1 lead going into Game 4, so the Blues are in a position to put the Blackhawks against the ropes if they can win in Chicago. Meanwhile, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock predicted on Tuesday that Backes would return in “two or three games”, so St. Louis shouldn’t have to get by without him for much longer.
Backes had 27 goals and 57 points in 74 games during the regular season.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11