Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Backes missed Game 3 as a result and without him, the Blues lost 2-0 to Chicago. Meanwhile, Seabrook will serve the second contest of his three game suspension tonight.
St. Louis still has a 2-1 lead going into Game 4, so the Blues are in a position to put the Blackhawks against the ropes if they can win in Chicago. Meanwhile, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock predicted on Tuesday that Backes would return in “two or three games”, so St. Louis shouldn’t have to get by without him for much longer.
Backes had 27 goals and 57 points in 74 games during the regular season.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21