Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Backes missed Game 3 as a result and without him, the Blues lost 2-0 to Chicago. Meanwhile, Seabrook will serve the second contest of his three game suspension tonight.
St. Louis still has a 2-1 lead going into Game 4, so the Blues are in a position to put the Blackhawks against the ropes if they can win in Chicago. Meanwhile, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock predicted on Tuesday that Backes would return in “two or three games”, so St. Louis shouldn’t have to get by without him for much longer.
Backes had 27 goals and 57 points in 74 games during the regular season.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)