Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Backes missed Game 3 as a result and without him, the Blues lost 2-0 to Chicago. Meanwhile, Seabrook will serve the second contest of his three game suspension tonight.
St. Louis still has a 2-1 lead going into Game 4, so the Blues are in a position to put the Blackhawks against the ropes if they can win in Chicago. Meanwhile, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock predicted on Tuesday that Backes would return in “two or three games”, so St. Louis shouldn’t have to get by without him for much longer.
Backes had 27 goals and 57 points in 74 games during the regular season.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)