Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Backes missed Game 3 as a result and without him, the Blues lost 2-0 to Chicago. Meanwhile, Seabrook will serve the second contest of his three game suspension tonight.
St. Louis still has a 2-1 lead going into Game 4, so the Blues are in a position to put the Blackhawks against the ropes if they can win in Chicago. Meanwhile, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock predicted on Tuesday that Backes would return in “two or three games”, so St. Louis shouldn’t have to get by without him for much longer.
Backes had 27 goals and 57 points in 74 games during the regular season.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)