Apr 23, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
St. Louis received a tough blow on the injury front Wednesday, as head coach Ken Hitchcock said forward Brenden Morrow would miss the remainder of the club’s opening-round series against Chicago.
Brought in this season largely because of his veteran leadership and playoff experience, Morrow suffered a foot injury on Apr. 10 that’s lingered throughout the postseason. He played in the Game 1 triple-OT win before sitting out Game 2, then tried to give it a go in Monday’s Game 3 loss — but could only manage to play 8:34, receiving just eight shifts in the second and third periods after playing seven in the opening frame.
The 35-year-old had good season for the Blues despite missing a handful of games with an upper-body injury, scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 71 games. With Morrow out of the lineup, it looks as though Derek Roy will draw back in after sitting out on Monday’s 2-0 loss.
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)