Apr 23, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
St. Louis received a tough blow on the injury front Wednesday, as head coach Ken Hitchcock said forward Brenden Morrow would miss the remainder of the club’s opening-round series against Chicago.
Brought in this season largely because of his veteran leadership and playoff experience, Morrow suffered a foot injury on Apr. 10 that’s lingered throughout the postseason. He played in the Game 1 triple-OT win before sitting out Game 2, then tried to give it a go in Monday’s Game 3 loss — but could only manage to play 8:34, receiving just eight shifts in the second and third periods after playing seven in the opening frame.
The 35-year-old had good season for the Blues despite missing a handful of games with an upper-body injury, scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 71 games. With Morrow out of the lineup, it looks as though Derek Roy will draw back in after sitting out on Monday’s 2-0 loss.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 15
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)