Apr 23, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
St. Louis received a tough blow on the injury front Wednesday, as head coach Ken Hitchcock said forward Brenden Morrow would miss the remainder of the club’s opening-round series against Chicago.
Brought in this season largely because of his veteran leadership and playoff experience, Morrow suffered a foot injury on Apr. 10 that’s lingered throughout the postseason. He played in the Game 1 triple-OT win before sitting out Game 2, then tried to give it a go in Monday’s Game 3 loss — but could only manage to play 8:34, receiving just eight shifts in the second and third periods after playing seven in the opening frame.
The 35-year-old had good season for the Blues despite missing a handful of games with an upper-body injury, scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 71 games. With Morrow out of the lineup, it looks as though Derek Roy will draw back in after sitting out on Monday’s 2-0 loss.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9