Apr 23, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
St. Louis received a tough blow on the injury front Wednesday, as head coach Ken Hitchcock said forward Brenden Morrow would miss the remainder of the club’s opening-round series against Chicago.
Brought in this season largely because of his veteran leadership and playoff experience, Morrow suffered a foot injury on Apr. 10 that’s lingered throughout the postseason. He played in the Game 1 triple-OT win before sitting out Game 2, then tried to give it a go in Monday’s Game 3 loss — but could only manage to play 8:34, receiving just eight shifts in the second and third periods after playing seven in the opening frame.
The 35-year-old had good season for the Blues despite missing a handful of games with an upper-body injury, scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 71 games. With Morrow out of the lineup, it looks as though Derek Roy will draw back in after sitting out on Monday’s 2-0 loss.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)