Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to find a way to edge out the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight without Ryan Murray. The 20-year-old rookie defenseman wasn’t listed as part of Columbus’ lineup for Game 4 of the first round series, per the Blue Jackets’ Rob Mixer
That’s a big setback for the Blue Jackets after he averaged 25:17 minutes per contest in the first three games of the playoffs. It’s not clear what Murray’s dealing with, but he didn’t stay on the ice for today’s full morning skate, according to Aaron Portzline.
Nick Schultz is making his series debut in Murray’s place. Schultz had an assist in nine games with the Blues Jackets after they acquired him from Edmonton on March 5 in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36