Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have to find a way to edge out the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight without Ryan Murray. The 20-year-old rookie defenseman wasn’t listed as part of Columbus’ lineup for Game 4 of the first round series, per the Blue Jackets’ Rob Mixer
That’s a big setback for the Blue Jackets after he averaged 25:17 minutes per contest in the first three games of the playoffs. It’s not clear what Murray’s dealing with, but he didn’t stay on the ice for today’s full morning skate, according to Aaron Portzline.
Nick Schultz is making his series debut in Murray’s place. Schultz had an assist in nine games with the Blues Jackets after they acquired him from Edmonton on March 5 in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5