Apr 22, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has offered Cooke an in-person hearing, which means a ban could exceed five games. A date and time was not announced. The department made the announcement via Twitter.
It was reported following Monday’s game that Barrie suffered an MCL injury and is out now four-to-six weeks.
The incident took place early in the second period of the Wild’s 1-0 overtime victory over the Avalanche. Colorado still leads the series 2-1.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54