Apr 22, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
Boston Bruins pest Brad Marchand tends to get under peoples’ skin, even when he’s the one seemingly getting hurt.
Marchand seemed shaken up when he was tripped/hit by Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith:
That drew a two-minute tripping penalty and some derision when Marchand came back (and promptly took a penalty of his own) later in the second period. Here’s a taste of the debates regarding Marchand:
Either way, Marchand, 25, at least seems OK at the moment. Healthy enough to continue to attract detractors, even.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54