Apr 22, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
In an odd and tough twist, the New York Rangers began the 2013-14 season with a nine-game road trip. Maybe that partially explains why they’ve been such a resilient road team.
When he was asked about dealing with the energy in Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center, Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault indicated that the hostile atmosphere only boosted his team during a 4-1 Game 3 win.
“We knew this was going to be a tough environment, not only were they prepared, they thrived on it,” Vigneault said.
All things considered, the Rangers seem like a tough out for the Flyers. They’ve won eight of the teams’ last nine games at Madison Square Garden (where the series shifts in Game 5) and could be just as tough in Game 4 considering the fact that they were better on the road than at home (25-14-2 vs. 20-17-4) during the season.
The Flyers’ crowd will probably do its best to make sure the Rangers don’t thrive in Game 4 on Friday, though.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)