Apr 22, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Whether it was the right decision or not heading into the game, the bottom line is that Ray Emery eventually found himself on the bench during Tuesday’s eventual 4-1 Game 3 loss to the New York Rangers.
Which means it’s time to let out a sad sigh (if you’re a Flyers fan) and an evil cackle (if you hate the Flyers), as the franchise’s eternal goaltending questions may crop up once again. Fair or not based on the chances he faced, Emery allowed four goals on 20 shots before giving way to Steve Mason with a little less than 10 minutes remaining in the game.
Martin St. Louis is starting to find his offensive groove as his line with Rick Nash and Derek Stepan created quite a bit of offense for the Rangers. (Of course, Daniel Carcillo‘s offense was most … offensive in going up 4-1.)
The bad news might also be a blessing in disguise or the Flyers: Claude Giroux still hasn’t gotten his game together. That’s not ideal, although it provides some room for optimism as Philly is only down 2-1 even as its crucial star has largely been negated by the Rangers.
The Rangers continue to be a strong road team in winning what was an increasingly nasty contest.
The Rangers and Flyers face off in Game 4 on Friday, so Philly has an opportunity to catch its breath and maybe consider some lineup changes. Oh yeah, and Steve Mason gets some time to be truly 100 percent and prepare for what are almost certainly the biggest games of his career.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
That’s a fairly modest increase compared to some of the jumps we’ve seen in the past.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
He has every right to be.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Montreal will now play either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Oshie thinks the core has “been playing some pretty good games since the playoffs.”
Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Montreal had a 1-0 lead at the time.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
They got a big task ahead of them.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Habs and Wild look to advance with Game 6 wins.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Minnesota’s earned the right to challenge Chicago again.
Apr 26, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
He’ll undergo further testing in the not too distant future.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
Brian Elliott is on in relief.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
That’s one Allen has to have.
Apr 26, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He suffered two concussions this season.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The newly appointed Edmonton executive is already busy in his new role.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Eric Fehr would be ready for the second round.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Philly fired Craig Berube on April 17.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He last played at the 2006 tournament.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play the second half of Friday night’s win.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Chorney and Dumoulin could also head back to Wilkes-Barre for their playoff run.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been a healthy scratch for three games.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Blues and Sens need wins to force Game 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)