Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Leave it to Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand to draw criticism even when he’s receiving the hits.
Also, leave it to him to land a great one-liner on his critics.
Marchand on twitter crowd doubting legitimacy of his pain after collision w/Brendan Smith: “Thats why they’re on twitter and I’m in the NHL”
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) April 23, 2014
Here’s video of the hit:
And a good example of the skepticism his departure from the ice generated (especially since he returned soon after):
Never a dull moment with Marchand.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)