Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Leave it to Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand to draw criticism even when he’s receiving the hits.
Also, leave it to him to land a great one-liner on his critics.
Marchand on twitter crowd doubting legitimacy of his pain after collision w/Brendan Smith: “Thats why they’re on twitter and I’m in the NHL”
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) April 23, 2014
Here’s video of the hit:
And a good example of the skepticism his departure from the ice generated (especially since he returned soon after):
Never a dull moment with Marchand.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)