Apr 22, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning gave up a significant package to get Anders Lindback from the Nashville Predators. Maybe that cost will make them more likely to bring the big goalie back, but if not, there’s at least a chance that he ended his Tampa Bay days with a whimper.
Of course, there are a lot of different things that could happen,* but that’s the feeling as he was pulled early in the second period for Kristers Gudlevskis. (Lightning fans who need a little comic relief should check out Gudlevskis’ photo at NHL.com.)
Lindback, 25, has actually had his moments in this series. And let’s be honest: blaming everything on him is pretty unfair considering his team’s often poor play in front of him; the Canadiens already fired 20 shots on him by the time he was pulled after letting in three.
Still, Lindback’s stay with the Lightning has almost wholly been disappointing. He’s an RFA this summer, so the Lightning could probably sign him cheaply. If they even want to bring him back.
* – The Lightning could easily come back and stay in the series, thus giving Lindback another shot to redeem himself. Still, the mood feels otherwise as of this writing.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)