Apr 22, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning gave up a significant package to get Anders Lindback from the Nashville Predators. Maybe that cost will make them more likely to bring the big goalie back, but if not, there’s at least a chance that he ended his Tampa Bay days with a whimper.
Of course, there are a lot of different things that could happen,* but that’s the feeling as he was pulled early in the second period for Kristers Gudlevskis. (Lightning fans who need a little comic relief should check out Gudlevskis’ photo at NHL.com.)
Lindback, 25, has actually had his moments in this series. And let’s be honest: blaming everything on him is pretty unfair considering his team’s often poor play in front of him; the Canadiens already fired 20 shots on him by the time he was pulled after letting in three.
Still, Lindback’s stay with the Lightning has almost wholly been disappointing. He’s an RFA this summer, so the Lightning could probably sign him cheaply. If they even want to bring him back.
* – The Lightning could easily come back and stay in the series, thus giving Lindback another shot to redeem himself. Still, the mood feels otherwise as of this writing.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)