Apr 22, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Monday was apparently meant for milestones for the Dallas Stars, as they looked to get back in their Western Conference quarter-final with the Anaheim Ducks.
The Stars got a 37-save performance from goaltender Kari Lehtonen, and a goal in each period to defeat the Ducks 3-0, earning their first win in the series. Anaheim still leads the series 2-1. For the Stars, it was their first playoff win since 2008. For the 30-year-old Lehtonen, who has been in the National Hockey League since the 2003-04 season, it’s his first career Stanley Cup playoff victory. It’s only his fifth career playoff game.
After a dominating performance in Game 2, albeit with a large cut and swollen lips from a puck to the face in the first game of the series, Ducks’ captain Ryan Getzlaf was held off the score sheet Monday and restricted to just one shot on goal. Corey Perry finished the night with three shots.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (100)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)