Apr 22, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings sent forward Linden Vey down to AHL Manchester yesterday, but they may have a key figure from their 2012 Stanley Cup run joining them in the near future.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen reports forward Colin Fraser could be recalled and for the role players on the Kings, it’s a shot across the bow to them that they’re not doing their jobs.
Fraser was a key fourth line player for the Kings in 2012 and played a similar role with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2010. He’s a player that coach Darryl Sutter trusts to do what he’s asked and to play the kind of fourth line grinding style he likes.
In 33 games with the Kings this season, Fraser had no goals and two assists with 30 penalty minutes. He averaged 9:59 played per game, so his role was minimal but one Sutter values.
With the Kings down 2-0 to the San Jose Sharks, Sutter wants the team to get back to the style of play that best fits them and Fraser could play a small part in that.
Update: Fraser has indeed been called up.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)