Apr 22, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings sent forward Linden Vey down to AHL Manchester yesterday, but they may have a key figure from their 2012 Stanley Cup run joining them in the near future.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen reports forward Colin Fraser could be recalled and for the role players on the Kings, it’s a shot across the bow to them that they’re not doing their jobs.
Fraser was a key fourth line player for the Kings in 2012 and played a similar role with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2010. He’s a player that coach Darryl Sutter trusts to do what he’s asked and to play the kind of fourth line grinding style he likes.
In 33 games with the Kings this season, Fraser had no goals and two assists with 30 penalty minutes. He averaged 9:59 played per game, so his role was minimal but one Sutter values.
With the Kings down 2-0 to the San Jose Sharks, Sutter wants the team to get back to the style of play that best fits them and Fraser could play a small part in that.
Update: Fraser has indeed been called up.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)