Apr 22, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings sent forward Linden Vey down to AHL Manchester yesterday, but they may have a key figure from their 2012 Stanley Cup run joining them in the near future.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen reports forward Colin Fraser could be recalled and for the role players on the Kings, it’s a shot across the bow to them that they’re not doing their jobs.
Fraser was a key fourth line player for the Kings in 2012 and played a similar role with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2010. He’s a player that coach Darryl Sutter trusts to do what he’s asked and to play the kind of fourth line grinding style he likes.
In 33 games with the Kings this season, Fraser had no goals and two assists with 30 penalty minutes. He averaged 9:59 played per game, so his role was minimal but one Sutter values.
With the Kings down 2-0 to the San Jose Sharks, Sutter wants the team to get back to the style of play that best fits them and Fraser could play a small part in that.
Update: Fraser has indeed been called up.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 0
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)