Apr 22, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Devils defenseman Mark Fayne “underwent successful surgery to the core muscle of his left groin” today, according to New Jersey president/general manager Lou Lamoriello.
A rehabilitation period of eight to ten weeks is expected, though whether Fayne remains a member of the Devils is uncertain. The 26-year-old is an unrestricted free agent who had four goals and seven assists in 72 games this past season.
Fayne was a fifth-round draft pick of the Devils in 2005. A product of Providence College, his most recent contract paid him $2.6 million over two years.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5