Apr 22, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Devils defenseman Mark Fayne “underwent successful surgery to the core muscle of his left groin” today, according to New Jersey president/general manager Lou Lamoriello.
A rehabilitation period of eight to ten weeks is expected, though whether Fayne remains a member of the Devils is uncertain. The 26-year-old is an unrestricted free agent who had four goals and seven assists in 72 games this past season.
Fayne was a fifth-round draft pick of the Devils in 2005. A product of Providence College, his most recent contract paid him $2.6 million over two years.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)