Apr 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are really starting to look like the team that easily topped the Eastern Conference and grabbed the Presidents’ Trophy in the process.
After Jimmy Howard shut them out to give the Detroit Red Wings a Game 1 win, the Bruins have been dominant in swinging the series back to a 2-1 lead in their favor. After winning 4-1 in Game 2, the B’s actually were even more impressive as the series shifted to Detroit in Game 3 on Tuesday, winning by what might have been a forgiving 3-0 score.
Maybe some of it has to do with the Red Wings’ exhausting run to even clinch a playoff spot. They’ve only been able to score two goals in the series so far: Pavel Datsyuk‘s game-winner in Game 1 and a Luke Glendenning tally in the second period of Game 2.
Long story short, things have been pretty lopsided since that Datsyuk shot beat Tuukka Rask.
Even with all these negatives, the Red Wings are only down one game and get a chance to tie things up at home in Game 4. This Detroit team made a living proving people that they can overcome long odds during this 2013-14 season, so counting them out would be foolish.
Still, at this moment, Boston seems very much in control of this series.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 2
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 66
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)