Apr 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Curious development out of the Colorado camp today — the Avs recalled Joey Hishon, the 17th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, up from AHL Lake Erie and floated the possibility of him making his NHL debut in Game 4 against Minnesota.
Roy said he will evaluate Hishon at practice tomorrow to decide whether to put him in the lineup for Game 4 or not
— Adrian Dater (@adater) April 22, 2014
Hishon, a former OHL scoring sensation that scored 255 points in 214 games for Owen Sound, was taken ahead of the likes of Nick Bjugstad, Beau Bennett and Riley Sheahan at the ’10 draft, but had his career derailed during the 2011 Memorial Cup after suffering a severe concussion. He missed the entire 2011-12 season with post-concussion syndrome and took a long time getting back onto the ice, making his return with Lake Erie in March of 2013.
A second concussion suffered a month later threw a scare into both Hishon and the Avs organization, but he recovered in time to play 50 games for the Monsters this year, scoring 10 goals and 24 points.
Should he draw in for Game 4, Hishon would be making his big-league debut in a pressure-filled situation. The Avs have now gone 90-plus minutes without scoring on Minnesota goalie Darcy Kuemper and will be without offensive defenseman Tyson Barrie for the remainder of the series — he’ll be replaced by Ryan Wilson, Colorado announced on Tuesday.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)