Apr 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Curious development out of the Colorado camp today — the Avs recalled Joey Hishon, the 17th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, up from AHL Lake Erie and floated the possibility of him making his NHL debut in Game 4 against Minnesota.
Roy said he will evaluate Hishon at practice tomorrow to decide whether to put him in the lineup for Game 4 or not
— Adrian Dater (@adater) April 22, 2014
Hishon, a former OHL scoring sensation that scored 255 points in 214 games for Owen Sound, was taken ahead of the likes of Nick Bjugstad, Beau Bennett and Riley Sheahan at the ’10 draft, but had his career derailed during the 2011 Memorial Cup after suffering a severe concussion. He missed the entire 2011-12 season with post-concussion syndrome and took a long time getting back onto the ice, making his return with Lake Erie in March of 2013.
A second concussion suffered a month later threw a scare into both Hishon and the Avs organization, but he recovered in time to play 50 games for the Monsters this year, scoring 10 goals and 24 points.
Should he draw in for Game 4, Hishon would be making his big-league debut in a pressure-filled situation. The Avs have now gone 90-plus minutes without scoring on Minnesota goalie Darcy Kuemper and will be without offensive defenseman Tyson Barrie for the remainder of the series — he’ll be replaced by Ryan Wilson, Colorado announced on Tuesday.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)