Apr 21, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup champions, but they drew another serious contender for the Cup in the first round.
That’s made for a fierce series with the first two contests going to overtime. However, the fact that the games have been close doesn’t change the fact that the Blues now have a 2-0 series lead.
We could see both teams get far more aggressive tonight after Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook delivered a high and late hit to David Backes on Saturday. Seabrook is serving a three-game suspension as a result and Backes will also miss this game.
The contest will start at 8:30 p.m. ET on CNBC and you can also stream the game online:
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8