Apr 21, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup champions, but they drew another serious contender for the Cup in the first round.
That’s made for a fierce series with the first two contests going to overtime. However, the fact that the games have been close doesn’t change the fact that the Blues now have a 2-0 series lead.
We could see both teams get far more aggressive tonight after Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook delivered a high and late hit to David Backes on Saturday. Seabrook is serving a three-game suspension as a result and Backes will also miss this game.
The contest will start at 8:30 p.m. ET on CNBC and you can also stream the game online:
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)