Apr 21, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup champions, but they drew another serious contender for the Cup in the first round.
That’s made for a fierce series with the first two contests going to overtime. However, the fact that the games have been close doesn’t change the fact that the Blues now have a 2-0 series lead.
We could see both teams get far more aggressive tonight after Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook delivered a high and late hit to David Backes on Saturday. Seabrook is serving a three-game suspension as a result and Backes will also miss this game.
The contest will start at 8:30 p.m. ET on CNBC and you can also stream the game online:
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)