Apr 21, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup champions, but they drew another serious contender for the Cup in the first round.
That’s made for a fierce series with the first two contests going to overtime. However, the fact that the games have been close doesn’t change the fact that the Blues now have a 2-0 series lead.
We could see both teams get far more aggressive tonight after Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook delivered a high and late hit to David Backes on Saturday. Seabrook is serving a three-game suspension as a result and Backes will also miss this game.
The contest will start at 8:30 p.m. ET on CNBC and you can also stream the game online:
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 16
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 42
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (124)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)