Apr 21, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup champions, but they drew another serious contender for the Cup in the first round.
That’s made for a fierce series with the first two contests going to overtime. However, the fact that the games have been close doesn’t change the fact that the Blues now have a 2-0 series lead.
We could see both teams get far more aggressive tonight after Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook delivered a high and late hit to David Backes on Saturday. Seabrook is serving a three-game suspension as a result and Backes will also miss this game.
The contest will start at 8:30 p.m. ET on CNBC and you can also stream the game online:
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)