Apr 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins seemed well on their way to taking a 2-0 series lead on Saturday when Columbus turned the tables.
With the Penguins winning 3-1 midway through the second period, they had four forwards on the ice during a power play and Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert took advantage of the situation by scoring a shorthanded goal.
That sparked the Blue Jackets, who went on to record their franchise’s first playoff victory. With the series tied, Pittsburgh remains the heavy favorite, but questions about the team’s approach to the postseason have been raised.
After years of coming up short in the playoffs, the criticisms about the Penguins will only intensify if they lose again tonight.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN, but you can also stream it by clicking on the link below:
You might also find these stories interesting:
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 43
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)