Apr 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins seemed well on their way to taking a 2-0 series lead on Saturday when Columbus turned the tables.
With the Penguins winning 3-1 midway through the second period, they had four forwards on the ice during a power play and Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert took advantage of the situation by scoring a shorthanded goal.
That sparked the Blue Jackets, who went on to record their franchise’s first playoff victory. With the series tied, Pittsburgh remains the heavy favorite, but questions about the team’s approach to the postseason have been raised.
After years of coming up short in the playoffs, the criticisms about the Penguins will only intensify if they lose again tonight.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN, but you can also stream it by clicking on the link below:
You might also find these stories interesting:
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 15
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)