Apr 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins seemed well on their way to taking a 2-0 series lead on Saturday when Columbus turned the tables.
With the Penguins winning 3-1 midway through the second period, they had four forwards on the ice during a power play and Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert took advantage of the situation by scoring a shorthanded goal.
That sparked the Blue Jackets, who went on to record their franchise’s first playoff victory. With the series tied, Pittsburgh remains the heavy favorite, but questions about the team’s approach to the postseason have been raised.
After years of coming up short in the playoffs, the criticisms about the Penguins will only intensify if they lose again tonight.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN, but you can also stream it by clicking on the link below:
You might also find these stories interesting:
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)