Apr 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins seemed well on their way to taking a 2-0 series lead on Saturday when Columbus turned the tables.
With the Penguins winning 3-1 midway through the second period, they had four forwards on the ice during a power play and Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert took advantage of the situation by scoring a shorthanded goal.
That sparked the Blue Jackets, who went on to record their franchise’s first playoff victory. With the series tied, Pittsburgh remains the heavy favorite, but questions about the team’s approach to the postseason have been raised.
After years of coming up short in the playoffs, the criticisms about the Penguins will only intensify if they lose again tonight.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN, but you can also stream it by clicking on the link below:
You might also find these stories interesting:
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)