Apr 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins seemed well on their way to taking a 2-0 series lead on Saturday when Columbus turned the tables.
With the Penguins winning 3-1 midway through the second period, they had four forwards on the ice during a power play and Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert took advantage of the situation by scoring a shorthanded goal.
That sparked the Blue Jackets, who went on to record their franchise’s first playoff victory. With the series tied, Pittsburgh remains the heavy favorite, but questions about the team’s approach to the postseason have been raised.
After years of coming up short in the playoffs, the criticisms about the Penguins will only intensify if they lose again tonight.
The game will start at 7:00 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN, but you can also stream it by clicking on the link below:
You might also find these stories interesting:
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)