Apr 21, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke has likely put himself in the middle of another controversy.
Roughly two minutes into the second period of tonight’s first round game against the Avalanche, Cooke delivered a knee-on-knee hit to Colorado’s Tyson Barrie. The 22-year-old defenseman immediately fell to the ice as a result before promptly leaving the game.
Cooke was assessed a two-minute minor that Minnesota successfully killed off, but the NHL might decide that the hit is worthy of supplemental discipline.
The same can’t be said yet for Barrie.
Joe Sakic to Denver Post on whether Matt Cooke should be suspended: "I'm confident the league will do the right thing."
— Adrian Dater (@adater) April 22, 2014
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11